28.02.2013 - 28.02.2013
8. AM - you know the feeling when you wake up to the most annoying sound, well that's how it went, Rebecca the A-type person (who likes to wake up early) came, and made for us suffering B-types breakfast...during shower I realized how cool it is to be in Oslo, and forgot about my idea about killing everyone because it's too early...we had a nice breakfast and we were ready to explore
9. AM - the idea of walking around everywhere seems a lot easier than it is - we walked along the river when we all of the sudden faced this nice building, with lot of tags and other special kinds of street-art
we saw loads of kirkes, the theater, the university building, parks and the royal palace (which wasn't any better in my opinion as any simple big house in Vienna, besides of the funny flashmobbing guards)
we also noticed that each and every statue in Oslo has to be naked maybe in order to get your eyes off all those good looking people, who all have such an intelligent face
2. PM - best part of the day - we decided to walk to the peninsula called Bygdøy - which immediately became my favorite place in Oslo - we had a neat walk along the harbor - its quite mind blowing to see the Skagerrak strait completely frozen, that's wen I really felt how in the North we are.
3. PM - finally on the peninsula! walking around in the forest, everything quiet and covered with snow - seems like we're not the only ones coming here - we meet a guy who explains that he's really happy because he is allowed to come out each week-end for a 2 hour walk - we never get to know from where - moms with screaming babies walk by chilled, headphones on the head, smiling, enjoying the sound of silence.
4. PM - yeah baby! we arrive on the Huk beach (the nudist one - no, we had our bathing suits) - waiting Leif to show up and preparing myself on ice-bathing - Clotilde kindly makes me aware of the dangers, just like a caring mum
4.30 - There he is! Quickly introduces the gist : when taking off and (more importantly) on your clothes, be as quick as you can
never stand on the snow/ice
be quick when getting in the water
few seconds after: ready to cool down - first step in the water (3 °C) - I'm hesitating, he plunges headlong - pops his head out the water - making a face like in an ad for a drink or a sporty shower gel - but all that in quick motion - shouts at me "c'mon!" - so there I go - my body is shocked - first I can hardly breathe, but I don't have the time to think about those twice, it's time to get out - as soon as the water on my body gets in contact with the air, it freezes on me - as I rub it with my towel it looks like it's snowing - having some difficulties to get dressed quickly, but I don't feel no cold anymore - and the car is waiting for us heated
6. PM - Home sweet home, home warm home, home where you can eat home - yes we didn't have lunch that day - cooking, chilling, falling asleep on the couch with Gandhi and Clo!
8. PM - Déjà vu - déjà entendu! you know the feeling when you wake up to the most annoying sound, well that's how it went...when Leif came back home from training - talked for a while and after we watched one of the weirdest films I've ever seen in my life: Holy Motors (a french one)